Amazon S3 Migration and Scripto plugin

Greetings,

I’ve recently migrated my Omeka site’s storage to Amazon S3. The migration went smoothly, and files are readily accessible. However, the Scripto plugin no longer works properly when using OpenLayers (displays are possible with default display). The following error code is generated when attempting to use Scripto:

Zend_Http_Client_Exception: Unable to read response, or response is empty in /home/dhlbacne/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Http/Client.php:1093
Stack trace:
#0 /home/dhlbacne/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Http/Client.php(36): Zend_Http_Client->request('POST')
#1 /home/dhlbacne/public_html/plugins/Scripto/libraries/Scripto/Service/MediaWiki.php(666): Omeka_Http_Client->request('POST')
#2 /home/dhlbacne/public_html/plugins/Scripto/libraries/Scripto/Service/MediaWiki.php(465): Scripto_Service_MediaWiki->_request('query', Array)
#3 /home/dhlbacne/public_html/plugins/Scripto/libraries/Scripto/Service/MediaWiki.php(160): Scripto_Service_MediaWiki->query(Array)
#4 /home/dhlbacne/public_html/plugins/Scripto/libraries/Scripto/Document.php(684): Scripto_Service_MediaWiki->getUserInfo('rights')
#5 /home/dhlbacne/public_html/plugins/Scripto/libraries/Scripto/Document.php(415): Scripto_Document->_canEdit(Array)
#6 /home/dhlbacne/public_html/plugins/Scripto/views/shared/index/transcribe.php(368): Scripto_Document->canEditTranscriptionPage()
#7 /home/dhlbacne/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/View.php(114): include('/home/dhlbacne/...')
#8 /home/dhlbacne/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/View/Abstract.php(888): Omeka_View->_run('/home/dhlbacne/...')
#9 /home/dhlbacne/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(912): Zend_View_Abstract->render(NULL)
#10 /home/dhlbacne/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(933): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->renderScript('index/transcrib...', NULL)
#11 /home/dhlbacne/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(972): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->render()
#12 /home/dhlbacne/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/HelperBroker.php(277): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->postDispatch()
#13 /home/dhlbacne/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(527): Zend_Controller_Action_HelperBroker->notifyPostDispatch()
#14 /home/dhlbacne/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('transcribeActio...')
#15 /home/dhlbacne/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#16 /home/dhlbacne/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#17 /home/dhlbacne/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(384): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#18 /home/dhlbacne/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(73): Zend_Application->run()
#19 /home/dhlbacne/public_html/admin/index.php(28): Omeka_Application->run()
#20 {main}

I posted an inquiry in Omeka’s forum, and while the community was very helpful, no successful resolution thus far. Any assistiance or input would on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

I did a search on this error, and found this Stack Exchange post that suggests trying to further pinpoint the error in order to figure out a solution. There are some differences given the post is referring to a Magento instance, not Omeka, but think it might still work in terms of seeing if this is indeed an SSL issue. I was going to test this on your account, but not sure it is running through Reclaim Hosting, but no worries if not, just let us know what you find out here.

Many thanks for reaching out. Would you mind giving it a look to see if it is a SSL issue? The site does run on Reclaim. I tried tinkering with the code, but couldn’t get it working.

Daniel,

I am not finding the account on our servers, submit a ticket with the email linked to the account so I can locate it. Also, reading over the thread on the Omeka forums, looks like Jim Safley has been awesome trying to help you troubleshoot, my guess is a shot in the dark. So, I will try it later on tonight or tomorrow morning, and follow-up here with any resolution after you submit a ticket so I can locate the account.

Much appreciated! I’ll submit the ticket shortly. Thanks again.

Following-up here, this issue was not resolved, and just re-iterating here that the Omeka-S forums are probably your best bet for this issue.