HTTP 503 Error When Deploying Java App

I am using Reclaim Cloud to test out a Java app (not one I developed). Unfortunately every time I deploy it, I get a message saying “Error 503 Service Unavailable”. My process is simple. I create an application server running Jetty 11.0.2 and OpenJDK 11.0.11 as well as a build node running Maven 3.8.1 and the same version of Java. I add the project from its Github repo, build it, and deploy the .WAR file to the application server (usually in a context called “order” or “import”). But when I navigate there in the browser all I get is the aforementioned error.

The problem is not the app. Several people have told me they have it running on Linux servers (using OpenJDK 11) and I was able to install Jetty and Maven on my Windows 10 laptop and successfully use the app. However it won’t work on Reclaim Cloud for some reason. Am I missing something? The only clue seems to be this line from the log file:

2021-05-11 20:44:50.512:WARN :oejw.WebAppContext:Scanner-0-1: Failed startup of context o.e.j.w.WebAppContext@e059fd{order,/order,file:///opt/jetty/work/jetty-0_0_0_0-80-order_war-_order-any-/webapp/,UNAVAILABLE}{/opt/jetty/webapps/order.war}

Someone also mentioned a potential problem with the JAVA_HOME variable in the Jetty start up script, but I can’t seem to find it. Any tips would be much appreciated.

It turns out the app in question is not compatible with Jetty 11.

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.