Introductions - Say Hi!

Hi. My name is Jason Green and I’m the Director of Academic Technology at University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College. I’ve been a Reclaim customer since it was Hippie Hosting and am excited about cloud mostly as a way to build out personal cyberinfrastructure with things that won’t run in shared hosting (my workplace does this with Azure)

I really need to get a grasp of Docker containers in Jelastic, so I can install those things rather than pestering Reclaim about what is and isn’t available in Marketplace.

3 Likes

Hey Hey, I’m JR Dingwall from Saskatoon in Canada. I work in higher ed as an instructional designer and have been working on coupling theory and practice in educational technology. There have been a few applications where I ran into exactly the problem Tim mentioned in the intro video of Shared Hosting not allowing customizable stacks, so I’m pretty pumped to give Reclaim Cloud a try. Adapt Learning and oTree are the two I’m currently thinking about trying out in the beta. Thanks for letting us kick the tires!

5 Likes

Hi, I just want to learn and use it as a way to test drive various applications. If I get confident enough I’d love to install Federated Wiki.

Roland

3 Likes

R.C. Miessler from Gettysburg College, long-time DoOO fan and looking forward to what the Cloud can do. It would be really interesting to find a way to do easy(ier?) deployments of Manifold Scholarship, although I am not entirely sure how feasible it is! I’m really impressed with the platform but ran into a lot of hassles trying to get it working with AWS, especially with a custom FQDN and SSL.

3 Likes

Hello, I am Robb Kantor and I am exploring using the Reclaim Cloud for my Discourse community forum for a couple of my wordpress sites leveraging Docker. I am a webmaster for a couple different sites and this is a good way to check out the capability of this new infrastructure. The tutorials were very good and everything worked as desired. Looking forward to seeing what other opportunities this platform will enable me to accomplish.

3 Likes

Hi! I’m Shannon and I work at public liberal arts college that is utilizing Domain of One’s Own. I’m in the unit that manages our DoOO and I’m interested to see how Reclaim Cloud could meet some of niche needs we have on campus that aren’t met by DoOO.
Most importantly I want to try and spin up my own Minecraft server so I can play with all my friends. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m scottlo. I learned about Reclaim Cloud from Jim, Tim & Lauren on the #ds106radio recently. I’m here to learn.

4 Likes

I just got you squared away with some Azuracast radio love! Internet Archive radio #4life

2 Likes