Is it possible to run Docsify on Reclaim Cloud?

From what I can somewhat understand🙂, it is possible to run Docsify (docsify) on your own server:
Docsify Server-Side Rendering

Is it also possible to then run Docsify on Reclaim Cloud? I tried to follow the instructions on that page but I seem to get a whole bunch of command line errors etc.

Thanks very much!
Paul

If I’m reading the docs right, SSR is only necessary if you don’t want to use their javascript renderer at all which seems overkill unless you’re trying to use the underlying system in another piece of software you’re building. For cloud and even shared hosting it appears to be as simple as copying their default index.html to a directory:

<!-- index.html -->

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
  <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge,chrome=1">
  <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1">
  <meta charset="UTF-8">
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="//cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/docsify@4/themes/vue.css" />
</head>
<body>
  <div id="app"></div>
  <script>
    window.$docsify = {
      //...
    }
  </script>
  <script src="//cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/docsify@4"></script>
</body>
</html>

Then you add a README.md as the homepage and other pages follow a similar structure. All the rendering is done by that index.html file with the javascript hook. So for cloud I just created a PHP app, deleted index.php and added index.html with that and I was able to use it. Same would apply on shared hosting, create your domain/subdomain/subfolder and add index.html and markdown files and it will render them.

OH! Thanks so much for clearing that up for me @timmmmyboy, I will try the process you describeđź‘Ť

UPDATE: Thanks again @timmmmyboy, I’ve been able to get a proof-of-concept going with Docsify on Reclaim Cloud using the Git-Push-Deploy package for seamless Git Sync🚀

Docsify site:
http://env-4823000.ca.reclaim.cloud/#/

Synced GitHub repo:

If a viewer taps the “Edit this Page on GitHub” button and make a fork with content changes, then any accepted content changes will be automatically pushed to the repo. I think that for certain situations this could be a nice open docs/OER option… all thanks to Reclaim Cloud🙂

1 Like

Super cool, and yeah the Git deployment options in Cloud make me want to do more in repos. Cool way of collaborating.

1 Like

FYI, I’ve discovered that once I make the empty environment and install Git-Push-Deploy package that the initial sync also serves as the install process.

And here’s an example of what scripting that out would look like. Which then allows you to create a cool button like this one that automatically deploys the environment on Reclaim Cloud. What I couldn’t figure out how to do within the script was connecting the Git deploy options so that it could automatically update itself, this is just grabbing the master branch as a zip and deploying.

1 Like

Very awesome @timmmmyboy! I guess if I also installed a GitLab instance on Reclaim Cloud that I could have a 100% Canadian hosted solution too.

1 Like

For anyone interested, I’ve now made a GitHub repository made specifically for forking and then importing into Reclaim Cloud at GitHub - hibbitts-design/docsify-open-publishing-starter-kit-for-import: A ready-to-fork and then import template to create an open Docsify documentation website on your Webserver or PaaS, with a link automatically created on each page to edit the source Markdown text in a GitHub or GitLab repository.