LTI, WordPress, and the LMS of your choice

Does anybody have some experience with using LTI integration between an LMS and a WordPress multi-site? I’m using D2L (don’t judge!). I’m setting up each student with their own WP blog site. I see that it’s possible to create new LTI linkages in D2L using LTI and I know there’s a plugin I think for WP for LTI, but that’s mostly limit of my knowledge. Any help?

1 Like

Check out Lumen’s LTI plugin for Wordpress - GitHub - lumenlearning/candela-lti: LTI Integration for Candela. It’s part of our open source Candela platform that’s used quite broadly. (Also check out the tool for creating and managing Creative Commons attribution statements while you’re there.) If you need more help, let me know.

2 Likes

Uh, dumb question. What is LTI?

I understand that D2L has a way to connect a website through their ePortfolio. Haven’t tried it yet.

Cheers!

Todd O’Neill
Assistant Professor, New Media
Electronic Media Communication Department
College of Mass Communication
Middle Tennessee State University
todd.oneill@mtsu.edu
LinkedIn: toddoneill | FaceBook: OneillTodd | Twitter: mtsunewmedia

1 Like

we run D2L at UCalgary, and I explored LTI-connecting UCalgaryBlogs.ca back when we adopted D2L (2013), but didn’t have time to finish that. Or to come back to it. Sigh.

Thanks. We don’t have the D2L ePortfolio module, but they’re discussing it. Nice to know.

LTI is an interoperability standard for integrating external applications (for example, Wordpress) with platorms such as LMSes (like D2L) that support it. For more infomation on the specifcation: http://www.imsglobal.org/activity/learning-tools-interoperability

Thanks Dan!

Cheers!

Todd O’Neill
Assistant Professor, New Media Communication
Electronic Media Communication Department
College of Media and Entertainment
Middle Tennessee State University
todd.oneill@mtsu.edumailto:todd.oneill@mtsu.edu
LinkedIn: toddoneill | FaceBook: OneillTodd | Twitter: mtsunewmedia

1 Like