Mattermost... now unsafe, per google

Hiya,

So at some point this morning, my mattermost install ‘has been reported as an unsafe site’

"Deceptive site ahead

Firefox blocked this page because it may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing personal information like passwords or credit cards.

Advisory provided by Google Safe Browsing."

Anyway, Google provided a way to say, ‘no, this site is fine’ so we’ll see what happens. Anyway… I wondered if folks had encountered this before: is this the result of some algorithmic process, is this a scam, or did one of my users narc me to Firefox?

Hi Shawn,
Apologies there! We’re seeing this along all reclaim.cloud subdomains, someone flagged a site using the subdomain as “suspicious” on Google for phishing content. We’ve made sure to confirm that there is no phishing content and all accounts are secure.

We’ve requested a delist of reclaim.cloud as a whole with Google but this could take some time to delist. I do apologize for the inconvenience here! The “Proceed to unsafe site” button will work for now, and while unfortunately a scary page, the site is all good.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

1 Like

thank you for letting me know! What a bloody nuisance for y’all!

As an update here, the site was delisted and you should no longer see that red screen labeling the site as ‘Dangerous.’ You may need to refresh your browser cache but you can do so by following this guide: How to Clear Cache for All Major Browsers

Let us know if you need anything else!

1 Like