Moving a WP site within same domain using Installatron?

I’m wondering if there’s a way to do a relatively easy WP site migration within a single domain. Suppose there was a site and installation at
domainx.openlcc.net/ (i.e. WP in the root)
It was created by Installatron in the cpanel. Then later, using installatron in the same cpanel, i create a replacement site/installation but want the original to continue until I’m finished building. So suppose I create
domainx.openlcc.net/temporary

Once I’ve got the “/temporary” site built, I’m wondering if there’s a way I could just nuke the original “…/original” installation, and then just have Installatron change the location/URL of the new one from …/temporary to the root "…/ " .

It seems like this should be simpler than the full-blown WP migration process from one domain to an entirely different domain.

Seems like the easiest thing would be, after you uninstall the original installation from the root, clone domainx.openlcc.net/temporary back into the root … and then delete the version at /temporary.

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.