New WP install doesn't display theme images

So I installed WordPress 6.2.2 on a fresh account, which seemed to go fine, and was trying to select a theme, but most of them don’t display properly, either in preview or when installed. I wondered whether the machine I’m using to do this might be the problem, but it’s the case both on a Windows 10 machine and a Linux Mint 22.1 machine, so I don’t think I’m the problem.

Then I thought, well, maybe 6.2.2 is buggy. So I wiped it and installed 6.1.3 in its place. No difference.

Obviously I tried Googling for answers, but I don’t find anything, which leads me to believe it’s not a widespread issue.

Has anyone else run into this? This will keep me from using WordPress for this project, which I really, really don’t want.

Posting a pic to show what I mean. I don’t necessarily expect anyone to know, but if you do, please clue me in!

I tried different browsers as well, which shouldn’t have made a difference and indeed did not. I just wasn’t sure what else to try.

Now, you may be thinking, “But Steve, there’s a picture of a boat.” Yes, but the images that actually make the theme look like it’s supposed to look are all missing.

Hey Steve,

Some themes let you import content to flesh out the theme. It looks like maybe PopularFX does. The “import theme content” mentioned in their documentation maybe the route to take. I don’t know if it works on the free version.

1 Like