Nextcloud settings

Greetings- I’ve installed an instance of Nextcloud on my host. I updated it to the most recent version (13.0.5). In this version, there is now a ‘Security and Setup Warnings’ section in the basic administration preferences. I am told that:

Security & setup warnings

It’s important for the security and performance of your instance that everything is configured correctly. To help you with that we are doing some automatic checks. Please see the Tips & Tricks section and the documentation for more information.

The “Strict-Transport-Security” HTTP header is not set to at least “15552000” seconds. For enhanced security, it is recommended to enable HSTS as described in the security tips.
No memory cache has been configured. To enhance performance, please configure a memcache, if available. Further information can be found in the documentation.
The PHP OPcache is not properly configured. For better performance it is recommended to use the following settings in the php.ini:
opcache.enable=1
opcache.enable_cli=1
opcache.interned_strings_buffer=8
opcache.max_accelerated_files=10000
opcache.memory_consumption=128
opcache.save_comments=1
opcache.revalidate_freq=1
Please double check the installation guides :arrow_upper_right:, and check for any errors or warnings in the log.

I realize that we’re running off of a ‘master’ php who’s ‘.ini’ isn’t available to me, etc. These look roughly ignorable (just a small amount of cloud storage, small number of users, etc) but wanted to make sure that there wasn’t something I should be doing otherwise?

More recent versions of cPanel actually do let you edit php.ini settings using the MultiPHP INI Editor interface under the Software section of cPanel. Here’s some information on it MultiPHP INI Editor for cPanel - Version 68 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

That being said I’d wage a guess those settings are neglible and likely geared at a sysadmin wanting to setup caching for a larger institutional style setup rather than a personal file storage situation.

1 Like

And as it so happens cPanel recently put together a video about the MultiPHP INI Editor

1 Like

Wow- thanks @timmmmyboy… I ask all the timely questions.

Btw- I totally agree, seems like the caching, etc, are likely not relevant here anyway. I swear I didn’t even see the INI editor down there, I looked even. I promise.