Omeka Classic Error: RuntimeException The configured PHP path ( /usr/local/bin/php) is invalid

I am in the process of rebuilding some Omeka Classic oral history sites on a new reclaim hosting domain. I’ve followed the directions to install the OHMS Importer and OHMS Viewer plugins, in preparation for adding the Philly theme, as well.

When attempting to import a zipped XML file, Omeka throws this error:
RuntimeException: The configured PHP path ( /usr/local/bin/php) is invalid. in /home/digit131/mc-oralhistory.digitalarchives.muhlenberg.edu/application/libraries/Omeka/Job/Process/Dispatcher.php:114

I’ve run the ‘which PHP’ command from the terminal, and it reports:
/usr/local/bin/php

which would seem to confirm the correct path.

I’ve also tried changing the path in the local.config.php file to:

/usr/local/php80/bin/php

just to see if this made a difference. Here is the odd bit – runtime error Omeka reports still references the /usr/local/bin/php path. (so I set it back).

Any idea what might be the cause, and where I might change a configuration change to resolve this?

Updating. I found this excellent guide: https://support.reclaimhosting.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500005620481#fixing-background-php-path-for-omeka-omeka-s-0-0. I made the change and it resolved the error. Apologies for posting, and thanks for the guide.

1 Like

Sharing back is the way Tim Clarke rolls, big fan!