Omeka-S error - database tables missing :(

Hello, I have an Omeka-S installation on my site (hosted by Reclaim Hosting). Before upgrading to v3.0.1 I uninstalled all modules. After the upgrade I re-installed the modules but got ‘table not found’ errors for tables connected to those modules. I restored a backup of my Omeka-S version 2 site, but still got the ‘table not found’ errors.

I then tried to import a backup of Omeka database directly onto the mysql server using phpMyAdmin.This resulted in error message: “Access denied for user ‘aborigi1_os1’@‘localhost’ to database ‘aborigi1_os1’"
(Im user aborig1_os1, the only site administrator, and aborigi1_os1 is the Omeka database.)

I guess somewhere along the way iv affected the permissions allowed to myself?
Any suggestions before I uninstall Omeka completely and reinstall?

I’d recommend restoring a full backup of your account using our Jetbackup system. We have several dates to choose from since we take daily, weekly, and monthly backups so I would just roll your account back to the day before you upgraded which should get the site restored and then you can test the update again (or update Omeka S manually if you think the modules you’re using might require additional work). Restoring Backups Using JetBackup

1 Like

Thanks, that sounds like a good solution. I may have additional problem though. I have just used Jetbackup to restore files in ‘public_html’ as well as restore the database, both to 10 October, but i am getting this error when loading the site: " SQLSTATE[HY000] [1044] Access denied for user ‘aborigi1_os1’@‘localhost’ to database ‘aborigi1_os1’ "

It looks like the database user was no longer assigned to the database. To fix this I went to cPanel under MySQL Databases and added the user to the database here:

and checked for it to have full permissions and saved:

That appears to have worked. Let me know if you run into any other issues.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.