SSL Certificate for Custom Domain with Jitsi Meet

I installed this from Marketplace and got a subdomain to bind successfully. At the moment i have two glitches:

1. Opening in desktop browsers creates a stream of security warnings. I wonder about modifying my architecture to add a LetsEncrypt cert in hopes that will make them go away, but I am nervous that I might mess something up.

2. The iOS Jitsi meet app refuses to connect to the instance at all.

1 Like

HI Jason,

Awesome you are playing around with Reclaim Cloud.

In terms of the security warnings, a Let’s Encrypt certificate should be setup with Jitsi if you are using the one-click installer, so if you can share any of those warnings we can see what’s what.

I have no tried out the iOS Jitsi meet app yet, but I can play with that and let you know if I have issues given I am running a Jitsi Meet instance as well. Any additional details provided around why it won’t connect? Errors, etc.?

Here’s the error I got in Chrome. The cert authority looks odd

The Jitsi installer has an addon to adjust the domain when mapping a custom domain and it does automatically use Let’s Encrypt. I fixed this by clicking Addons here:

Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 4.16.45 PM

And then Change Domain

Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 4.17.11 PM

I imagine with the SSL cert fixed the iOS app should work, I know I’ve tested it myself on iOS and had no issues pointing to a custom install in the settings.

Et voilà. Thanks so much.

1 Like