Suggested Features List for DoOO

Greetings,

I am new to Domain of One’s Own and I am looking to set up packages for our student and faculty accounts. Do you have suggested features the should be included in a basic student package? I would like to make it a simple as possible but was wondering if there are “must have” features.

Thank you,
Doug

Hi Doug!

Nice to hear from you again. We never set up different packages or levels in WHM to serve to different subgroups. Part of the reason for that was the way that Reclaim had already surfaced WordPress, Omeka, Grav and Scalar to top level anyway.

Our basic users are headed directly to WordPress, and most of them don’t worry about the “All Applications” tab.

We removed certain programs and packages from all users. First we removed all email programs, both because it is so difficult to manage an email server, and we wanted our students to keep using their official SUNY email addresses.

We also deactivated:
Dada Mail
ExtCalendar
FluxBB
Gbook
phpfreechat
phplist
pligg
Simple Machines Forum
Site Recommender
WebCalendar
WikkaWiki
BlogEngine.Net
Coranto
DotNetNuke
eFront
Geeklog
GetSimple
ImpressPages
LifeType
LiveSite
Mambo
Nette
Nucleus CMS
PivotX
PyroCMS
Soholaunch
Subrion
Typo3
WebsiteBaker
Xoops
Zend Framework
Zikula
Box Billing
Help Center Live
Open Classifides
OpenBiblio
osCommerce
phpCOIN
PHProjekt
Quicksell Classifieds
Revise Adserver
Sales Syntax Live Help
Simple Invoices
The Bug Genie
WeBid
Contact Form
Feed On Feeds
iTron Clock
phpFormGenerator
Search Engine Project
selfoss
SiteBar
WebCards
Power File Manager
Aardvark Topsites
Advanced Poll
phpESP
phpMyCounter
Simple Poll

I didn’t have very strict criteria. I just cut any program that either wasn’t compatible with a modern version of PHP or didn’t look like it was updated in the past 2 years and I was able to get 50+ applications out of the list to make it less intimidating.

I could cut further, but I didn’t want to remove something just because I don’t know how I would use it.

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.