Transfered Domain Still Pointing to WordPress Servers

Hello, everyone! It’s been a while since I’ve worked with a website at this level. I had previously used a hosted WordPress site with my own domain (jasonwardell.com), but decided to transfer to Reclaim so I can get a little more into customizing my personal site. Everything seems to have worked on the transfer, and I even adjusted the nameservers to point to ns1 and ns2.reclaimhosting.com instead of the WordPress ones, but it still seems to point to a WordPress hosted page telling me “Domain mapping upgrade for this domain not found.”

Is there an extra step I need to take to disconnect things on WordPress (couldn’t find anything) or is this just something I need to wait out.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hey,

It looks like this may just be a caching error. I’m seeing that the site is pointing at us now. You can totally just wait this out, but you can also refresh your browser cache (Refreshyourcache.com - The Guide to Clear your Browser Cache!) to see the up-to-date version of your site.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response! I followed the instructions in that link (and gave it some time), but I’m still seeing that dang WordPress message:

" Warning! Domain mapping upgrade for this domain not found. Please log in and go to the Domains Upgrades page of your blog to use this domain."

The nameservers seem to be pointing correctly (according to a free whois lookup), and as of this morning, the cPanel shows a Domain Validated certificate, and I was able to enable LetsEncrypt SSL after I wasn’t able to yesterday. Heck, even after installing Known, I can see the screenshot of it working, but I just can’t navigate to it. If anyone else goes to jasonwardell.com does it look like the “thanks for installing Known” page, or are you getting the WordPress error, too? Has anyone else experienced this before?

I’m not crazy worried about it, because I can tell things are progressing, I just want to make sure I don’t have something dumb enabled on my WP account that’s mucking things up. Thanks again for your help!

It does sound like a network cache. I see your getting started page for Known when I go to your domain.

1 Like

Great, thank you for taking a look! I reset my router and it started connecting properly immediately.