Zotero Plugin to Omeka fails to import items

I’ve installed Omeka and tried both the Zotero plugin and the CSV plugin, both of which fail instantly to import items. In the Zotero plugin, it will “see” the feed and create a new collection, but does NOT read the items and import them. Help?

Many of the import plugins require setting the php-cli path in your install. This is done by editing a config file and we have a guide on it at https://forums.reclaimhosting.com/t/setting-the-php-cli-path-in-omeka/231. Let me know if that works or not!

thanks! that worked to get the CSV import going. But now the Zotero Plugin says: “The following error occurred while installing the ZoteroImport plugin: An element set by the name “Zotero” already exists. You must delete that element set to install this plugin.” I have deleted the plugin files via the control panel file manager, including emptying the trash, but still it returns this message. Where else must I delete the previous install?

If it’s complaining about an existing element set I think you’d check there in Omeka. Here’s info on Element Sets Element Sets - Omeka Classic User Manual. See if there are any named Zotero and delete. Then you could try reinstalling the plugin.

Fantastic! Deleted, import via feed complete. Cheers - EP

1 Like

Excellent! Glad to hear it’s working.

1 Like

I’ve run into the same problem, but deleting the element set warns me:

Are you sure?
This will delete the element set and all elements assigned to the element set. Items will lose all metadata that is specific to this element set.

I really don’t want to reenter all the metadata that we’ve already entered. Is there another solution or a work around?