Installing Ghost on Reclaim Hosting

Yeah, that’s what it’s for, so it doesn’t matter much if it goes sideways. I could nuke and reinstall, but then what do I learn :slight_smile:

This is where I get with your directions: I stopped the node app, selected 10.2.1 and restarted it. Checked the site and it works.

But this is what I get when I attempt to update:

[fncllorg@doa ~]$ source /home/fncllorg/nodevenv/ghost/8/bin/activate && cd /home/fncllorg/ghost
[ghost (8)] [fncllorg@doa ghost]$ ghost update
bash: ghost: command not found
[ghost (8)] [fncllorg@doa ghost]$

Try changing
source /home/fncllorg/nodevenv/ghost/8/bin/activate && cd /home/fncllorg/ghost
to
source /home/fncllorg/nodevenv/ghost/10/bin/activate && cd /home/fncllorg/ghost
Let me know if that does anything for you.

I don’t have a /10/ directory …

I just update node.js version to 10, so that folder is there now, and site still working. That said, might need to figure out if the Ghost CLI will work given this is running via CloudLinux in cPanel. Running update or ghost update not working for me, so will figure that out and then get back to you on this.

Cool. I assume the node.js upgrade wasn’t something I could do on my end?

I’ll check in later!

Yeah, looks like an update through our system is not possible. Turns out you can run Ghost CLI commands, as the tutorial notes, but given you move all the files out of the original file structure it seems to break things. In fact, we have so few Ghost instances running in cPanel to some large part because of these limitations.

That said, we will be opening an environment where this will be possible. Namely the ability to use a one-click installer to install Ghost and just about any other next generation app with a Docker container behind it. It’s exciting, and if you don’t have too much invested in Ghost through our shared hosting offerings, this may be a perfect place for you to explore just that.

In fact, check your email, there maybe something there waiting for you :slight_smile: