Pointing Namecheap domain at new Reclaim account

I feel like I’m missing something. Just purchased a new shared hosting account. Planned on pointing an existing Namecheap registered domain (that I’m not planning on transferring to Reclaim). Selected the “I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers” option when purchasing. Then I popped over to my registrar and updated the nameservers to ns1.reclaimhosting.com and ns2.reclaimhosting.com. Thats it? No other switches to flip? I’m assuming the Active Domains number in my Client Area dashboard will update after the 24-48 hours it takes to propagate?

yup…as soon as I posted this, the question became moot. Namecheap domain is now pointing towards reclaim account. I also realized that the Active Domains number are the ones specifically hosted by Reclaim (so the Namecheap hosted one wouldn’t show up in that list)

Hi Ethan,
You’re absolutely right, it can take 24-48 hours for any DNS change to happen and propagate globally, but this is generally a guide line, you can start to see your site loading within a few hours.

The question on Active domains is absolutely correct as well. All active domains is associated with any active domain registration that Reclaim manages. If you point a domain’s nameservers to Reclaim, it will not appear within that list.

I’m slow, but I eventually get there in the end :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi,

I’m trying to purchase hosing, also planning to updated my nameservers on Namecheap, but when I select “I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers”, it asks for an EPP code. Does providing an EPP code mean that I would be transferring my domain to Reclaim?

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.